- The Douglas Shire Council commenced its ordinary meeting at 11.00am on Tuesday 30 June 2020 upon the conclusion of the Special Budget Meeting where the 2020/2021 Douglas Shire Council budget was passed.
- Councillors agree unanimously to a 0% remuneration rise
- Tourism Port Douglas Daintree funding slashed by close to 50% with only a one-year funding commitment subject to conditions
- Chamber of Commerce awarded $50 000 with one-year funding commitment subject to conditions
- CEO to investigate the viability of Council taking over Bally Hooley assets and potentially the operation
- Increased funding for Port Shorts Film Festival and confirmation of three-year agreement
- Council relinquishes joint trusteeship of Blue Pools to Jabalbina
- 2020 / 2021 Operational Plan adopted – not unanimously
Analysis to follow.
Think Different. Think DouglasNews.Network.
Your support matters. Support from our readers helps protect our editorial independence. Help us to report fearlessly on issues that affect our region, and to challenge those in power. Help us continue to deliver quality, trustworthy, fact-checked journalism that is free to access.
Please make a donation today.
Share your stories and express your views.
Some of our best stories come from our readers. Tell us what’s happening in your life or community, or send in a Letter to the Editor to express your view.