A new pop-up COVID-19 testing clinic is now open at Port Douglas Community Hall, Port Douglas.
Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service (CHHHS) notify the public that the Port Douglas testing clinic, located at 13-29 Mowbray St, is open today, Thursday 1 April from 8.30am to 12.30pm.
This is a walk-up service, and no bookings are required.
Testing is also available at Mossman Hospital’s drive-through COVID-19 testing clinic.
This is an appointment-only service, which is open from 8.30am-4pm, Monday to Friday.
Bookings can be made online here or by calling 0459 803 382.
Anyone with any symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how mild, should be tested immediately.
If you have any concerns for your health, phone your GP, phone 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or present to your closest emergency department.
Wearing a mask is still mandatory for Douglas Shire residents:
- Face masks must be carried at all times when a person is outside their residence.
- They must be worn outdoors when social distancing is not possible, and on public transport and in taxi or rideshare.
- Masks must be worn in all indoor spaces (except the home), such as the supermarket, and in indoor workplaces except where it is unsafe to do so.
- A person may remove a mask for eating and drinking.
- There are some exceptions to face masks.