DR DOUG QUARRY
The significant chance that an infected person has recently travelled from Victoria to Douglas Shire means that the risk of a coronavirus outbreak here is the highest it has been for months.
DOUGLAS RESIDENTS AND GUESTS /
- Please CHECK-IN using the Queensland App whenever it is appropriate.
DOUGLAS BUSINESS OWNERS /
- Please be ultra-vigilant to ensure that ALL of you patrons have checked in.
If we all CHECK in, contact tracers will have the best chance of finding those exposed and identifying possible transmission sites, should we start seeing cases.
How to Get Vaccinated Locally
• Mossman Medical Centre: running a Saturday morning COVID vaccination clinic starting 5 June, 2021
• Cairns Base Hospital has a vaccination clinic – currently supplying Pfizer vaccine. Call 1 800 861 836
• Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service has a COVID-19 mobile vaccination clinic providing only Pfizer vaccine around the region – local dates are as follows:
27 May: Mossman Hospital
15-16 June: Mossman Gorge (may move to Mossman Hospital)
6-7 July: Cow Bay
19 August: Mossman Hospital
22-23 September: Cow Bay
Updated times can be found here: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/cairns_hinterland/covid-19-chhhs-information