In the race towards increased risk of exposure to Covid-19, if you are not already vaccinated, or need your second shot, take advantage of new vaccination locations this weekend.
- Get Ready Emergency Services Day, Sat 30 October, Pfizer, 61 Windarra St, Woree 9am-1pm
- Port Douglas Surf Lifesaving Club – Sat & Sun 30-31 Oct 10am-2pm
- Palm Cove Surf Lifesaving – Sunday 31 October 8am -2pm
Cairns Convention Centre vaccination hub
7 days a week: 8am – 3:30pm
PLUS late night Thursday: 8am – 7:30pm (convenience for late night shoppers)
WALK-IN, Book online www.vaccinebookings.health.qld.gov.au or Ph: 1800 861 863
Pop up clinics
Pop up clinics are sometimes set up at short notice – for the latest vaccination times and locations check out Cairns Health website
- Cairns Airport, beside departures/security check in, from Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Mondays, 5am-1pm. Walk in, no bookings.
- Tully Red Cross Building, 17 Bryant St, Tully, 9-12 November and 30 November to 3 December. Walk in, no bookings.
- Get Ready Emergency Services Day, 61 Windarra St, Woree, Sat 30 October, Pfizer, 9am-1pm. Walk in, no bookings.
- Port Douglas Surf Lifesaving – Sat & Sun 30-31 Oct 10am-2pm. Walk in, no bookings.
- Palm Cove Surf Lifesaving – Sunday 31 October 8am -2pm. Walk in, no bookings.
Pharmacies and GPs
COVID-19 vaccinations are available at a wide range of GPs and pharmacists. See the Queensland Health website.
Cairns – Queensland Health clinics and times
- Cairns South Community Clinic, 21 Walker Road, Edmonton (across the road from PCYC)
- Open 8am – 4pm, 7 days a week. (From Monday 1 November times are changing to 10-6pm, 7 days per week)
- James Cook University, 1/14-88 McGregor Road, Smithfield (A2 Block, to the left of the School of Dentistry), 8am – 4pm, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays. (From Monday 1 November times are changing to 10-6pm, 7 days per week)
- Walk in or book your vaccine appointment on our COVID-19 booking hotline on 1800 861 863.
Rural hospital vaccination clinics
- Atherton Hospital – Open 8:30am – 3:30pm, Monday to Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Now also open Saturdays until 18 November
- Mareeba Hospital – Open 8:30am – 3:30pm, Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Now open Saturdays until 18 December
- Mossman Hospital – Open 8:30am – 3:30pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturdays
- Innisfail Hospital – Open 8:30am – 3:30pm, Monday to Friday. Now open Saturday 30 October
The latest local locations and times for Cairns Health vaccine clinics is also available here.
Updates are also regularly published on their Facebook page.