A Curated Guide to What’s On in Port Douglas, Daintree and Beyond.
Every weekend, you’ll find live music at Paddy’s, the Court House and the Central Hotel on Friday and Saturday nights and again at the Court House for a Sunday market session. The Tin Shed often holds a chilled live music session on the deck on Sunday afternoons, and the Tav at Four Mile have live music every couple of Saturday afternoons.
Cane Toad Racing is held at Chilli’s Pizza & Trattoria most nights (weather depending) from 6pm. Arriving early is highly recommended. Fabulous food and atmosphere!
- Topics in the Tropics is a regular trivia night at Hemingways down on the waterfront. Entry is free but bookings are recommended. Tickets.
- Chatty Cafe at the Tin Shed at 10am
- Legendary Musos Night at the Central from 8pm
- Parmy Night at the Yachty
- Jungle Fowl hosts Happy Hour $5 Asian beers from 5-6pm with $10 baos.
- The ever fabulous and ever chic Hughies in Mossman is open again for their once-a-week celebrity appearance from 4pm.
- Mount Molloy National Hotel features live and loud local music, Jag the Joker, Happy Hour, local transfer bus home (book early!) or enjoy a country pub style hospitality with a room at the inn upstairs.
- Italian Feast on the deck at Sheraton Grand Mirage. Join an Italian shared feast in homage to the Italian canecutters and their descendants. Enjoy a glass of Italian prosecco and fabulous food by Executive Chef Belinda Tuckwell.
- Mossman markets are held in the morning under the Raintrees
- Sea Change live at the Tav from 3pm
- Pop down to Ellis Beach Bar & Grill for a sensational Saturday ~ Men in Black tribute show featuring the music of Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison appearing at the all new big stage
- Daniel Jon on the decks at the IronBar.
- Port Douglas Crocs AFL REserves and Seniors take on the Bulldogs at the Croc Pit
- Pinot Everything at the Sunroom Lounge from 7pm. We will be exploring the Pinot grape and all of its styles, sampling eight wines paired beautifully with four food courses. This will be a great showcase of how versatile this famous grape can be. For bookings email@example.com or 0406478470 $139pp. Further details.
- The Yachty Saturday’s offering is a Seafood Platter for two with a bottle of vino for $100
- Caravana Sun live at the Tanks. Caravãna Sun has become internationally regarded as one of the world’s finest live draws with a sound that demands to be heard live! From sun-drenched reggae to sweeping synth indie groove, Caravãna Sun will have you off your feet and soulfully shook to the core.Click on image below for tickets and further information.
- Kids Bubble Disco Party. Get your boogie on, dress up, crazy hair and get hyper with all your friends- 4pm to 6pm @ Kewarra Beach Community Hall. $20 per child. Snacks and drinks will be available for purchase at the venue. Bookings available online via Pippi the Fairy or text to 0466 992 431
- Sugar Cane Rum Masterclass at the Daintree Bar, Sheraton Grand Mirage. ‘Raise a Glass to the Past’ with an exclusive Rum Masterclass that pays homage to our canecutters. During the masterclass, local master distiller, Mark Watkins, will talk you through his process of using sugar cane to create the award winning Mount Uncle FNQ Rum Co range. You will taste three different rums accompanied by creatively paired dishes curated by Sheraton’s talented Executive Chef, Belinda Tuckwell. 3-4pm
- Port Douglas markets
- The Tanks markets in Cairns from 9am-2pm. Stroll through the lush Botanic Gardens while discovering local, handmade products from candles, jewellery and clothing to vintage collectables, plants, local produce, food and much more! Market stalls line Tanks promenade on Collins Avenue, with live entertainment provided by local musicians.
- Palmer Sea Reef host a popular Sunday Roast special-2 roasts and a bottle of vino for $60. Bookings essential 40 87 2222.
- Mount Molloy National Hotel Sundays are for a Traditional Pork roast with all the trimmings and Yorkshire pudding.
- The Yachty crew present Roast of the Day.
- Sheraton Sunset Session, poolside from 5pm – 8pm at Sheraton Grand Mirage
- Live music at Ellis Beach Bar and Grill with $2 oysters from 1pm.
- Whet at Cape Trib has live music on Sundays from 3pm
- Barbary Coasters Annual Parrothead Party at the Cairns Cruising Yacht Squadron-FNQ’s biggest Tropical Party!.. featuring all your favourite Jimmy Buffet music performed by Barbary Coasters…Get into your wildest tropical gear & get ready to Party!.. Games & great raffle prizes and margaritas to die for!
- Cairns Botanic Gardens Plant Sale-To make space for our Autumn and Winter stock, we need to clear some excess plants. Come down to the Saltwater Lake depot to get some great plant deals, Most plants $5 and under: a range of gingers, shrubs and aroids, with a large selection of Amorphophallus (Corpse Flower) species for sale. The best way to get to the sale is to park and walk in from the Greenslopes St. entrance (opposite Cominos House)
Kstar Bingo @ Central Hotel Port Douglas every Tuesday 6.30pm for a 7pm start, Kstar Trivia @ Central Hotel Port Douglas every Wednesday 6.30pm for a 7pm start and Kstar Bingo at Mossman Bowls Club every fortnightly Thursday 6.30pm for a 7pm start.
Weekly Sports & Fitness Schedule
Yoga on the Beach ⟼ season has re-commenced. Daily from 8-9am at Four Mile Beach.
Sailing ⟼ WAGS Wednesday afternoon sail at the Yachty
Petanque ⟼ Wednesdays in Port Douglas 4pm
Social Frisbee⟼ Wednesday Mossman further info firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aqua Zumba ⟼ Mondays 4.15-5.30pm Mossman Pool.
Zumba ⟼ Wednesdays 8.30 am and Thursdays 6pm at Buffs Hall.
Zumba Plus ⟼ Mondays, Buffs Hall 8.30am with a little body conditioning. 45 mins of dancing with added squats, pushups, abs or butt work.
Bootscootin‘ ⟼ Mossman Bowls Club Mondays 12pm