A Curated Guide to What’s On in Port Douglas, Daintree and Beyond.
Every weekend, you’ll find live music at Paddy’s, the Court House and the Central Hotel on Friday and Saturday nights and again at the Court House for a Sunday market session. The Tin Shed often holds a chilled live music session on the deck on Sunday afternoons, and the Tav at Four Mile have live music every couple of Saturday afternoons.
Cane Toad Racing is held at Chilli’s Pizza & Trattoria most nights (weather depending) from 6pm. Arriving early is highly recommended. Fabulous food and atmosphere!
- Coffee with your Local MP (Mossman Mobile Office) – Cynthia Lui at Beechwoods Cafe, Mossman from 11.30am-2pm
- Chatty Cafe at the Tin Shed at 10am
- Legendary Musos Night at the Central from 8pm
- Parmy Night at the Yachty
- Jungle Fowl hosts Happy Hour $5 Asian beers from 5-6pm with $10 baos.
- The ever fabulous and ever chic Hughies in Mossman is open again for their once-a-week celebrity appearance from 4pm.
- Four Mile Beach North and Middle Regular Monthly Clean-up Event 1-4pm. Gather at the Daintree Lounge at the Sheraton Grand Mirage (behind the main lobby), Looking for a way to be part of practical solutions for our environment? Four Mile Beach is one of the longest-running Queensland beach monitoring sites. Volunteers need to wear enclosed shoes, bring sun/rain protection, and plenty of drinking water (1 to 2 litres is recommended). All equipment and drinking water top-ups will be provided. To register or for any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mount Molloy National Hotel features live and loud local music, Jag the Joker, Happy Hour, local transfer bus home (book early!) or enjoy a country pub style hospitality with a room at the inn upstairs.
- Cairns Expo is our largest outdoor adventure, home and lifestyle expo. Held over three days, enjoy viewing the latest caravans, camper trailers, motorhomes, accessories, fishing gear plus great ideas for your home, at the Cairns Showground.
- Mossman markets are held in the morning under the Raintrees
- Rainforest Rescue Annual Tree Planting Day at Nightwings Rainforest Centre from 8am. 4000 trees will be planted-please come and help to plant a rainforest.
A new home for birds, bats and all sorts of wildlife
- Douglas Orchid Society presents the May Orchid Show at Mossman CWA Hall from 8am-1pm. Free entry. Learn, buy and enjoy local orchids and tropical exotic plants.
- Pop down to Ellis Beach Bar & Grill for Kanela, a Latin Cuban band playing from 2-5pm
- The Yachty is hosting a Full Moon Magic Party with DJ Ross, Sly Hopes and guests from 9pm-12am.
- Drum, Flow + Fire gathering at Ellis Beach 5.30-9pm. Following the continued success and general good vibes of previous sessions, FNQ Flow Arts and Drum & Dance Cairns are at it again to bring you another night of tribal fun. Further information.
- Historic Village Herberton Pioneer Weekend is on today featuring blacksmithing, woodchopping, vintage machinery and lots of other entertainment options for the whole family!
- Port Douglas markets
- Palm Cove markets focus on sustainable local, quality handmade products and has earned a reputation for being one of FNQ’s premier community markets. The 130+ stalls stretch lazily along Williams Esplanade under the shade of palm & ancient paperbark trees in full view of the spectacular beach side scenery. Complemented by fantastic local restaurants & bars giving Palm Cove Markets a very relaxed FNQ vibe.
- Daniel Champagne live at the Clink Theatre with special guest Nicole Nighthawk from 7.30pm. Nashville based singer, guitarist Daniel Champagne returns to the Clink Theatre with his jaw dropping talent and unusual style. A show not to be missed Daniel will leave you amazed and spell bound with unique music and amazing skill. Tickets and further information.
- Palmer Sea Reef host a popular Sunday Roast special-2 roasts and a bottle of vino for $60. Bookings essential 40 87 2222.
- Mount Molloy National Hotel Sundays are for a Traditional Pork roast with all the trimmings and Yorkshire pudding.
- The Yachty crew present Lady Valiant live from 4.30 pm and a Roast of the Day special.
- Live music at Ellis Beach Bar and Grill with Joseph Lanskey from 1-4pm with $2 oysters from 1pm.
- Whet at Cape Trib has live music on Sundays from 3pm
- Health Happiness and Harmony Expo exploring yoga. For the fourth year running at The Pier Shopping Centre, meander over 45 exhibits showcasing crystals, essential oils, massage, readings, naturopathy, craniosacral, reflexology, water filters, natural skin care products, environmental friendly products and more. Free yoga sessions in a variety of styles with a variety of teachers all day. Further information.
Kstar Bingo @ Central Hotel Port Douglas every Tuesday 6.30pm for a 7pm start, Kstar Trivia @ Central Hotel Port Douglas every Wednesday 6.30pm for a 7pm start and Kstar Bingo at Mossman Bowls Club every fortnightly Thursday 6.30pm for a 7pm start.
Weekly Sports & Fitness Schedule
Yoga on the Beach ⟼ season has re-commenced. Daily from 8-9am at Four Mile Beach.
Sailing ⟼ WAGS Wednesday afternoon sail at the Yachty
Petanque ⟼ Wednesdays in Port Douglas 4pm
Social Frisbee⟼ Wednesday Mossman further info email@example.com.
Aqua Zumba ⟼ Mondays 4.15-5.30pm Mossman Pool.
Zumba ⟼ Wednesdays 8.30 am and Thursdays 6pm at Buffs Hall.
Zumba Plus ⟼ Mondays, Buffs Hall 8.30am with a little body conditioning. 45 mins of dancing with added squats, pushups, abs or butt work.
Bootscootin‘ ⟼ Mossman Bowls Club Mondays 12pm