Tropical North Steiner School (TNSS) is a fully accredited and registered Primary School opening in 2022 with Prep to Class 3, then naturally growing to class 6. Steiner education follows an internationally recognized curriculum focusing on the balance of academic, creative and emotional development.
TNSS is seeking a new Board Director to lead its Management Committee and pioneering the school towards opening in 2022.
All Board members are volunteers and include a Secretary and a Treasurer along with other members of the committee.
A Parent & Friends (P&F) committee has started to form and is expected to grow.
Achievements under the current Board:
* 2017 incorporated as Tropical North Steiner School
* 2018 approval by the Non-State Schools Accreditation Board
* Securing a suitable location and building
* Fundraising to provide new fencing around the boundaries of the site,
installation of air-conditioning, car park, interior design work
* Social media platforms (website, Facebook, Instagram)
TNSS holds monthly Board meetings and will meet with the P&F as required. Board meetings have been conducted via Zoom where appropriate.
Email correspondence, networking and coordination highly variable – but likely require 2 to 5 hours per week.
Training & Support:
Board Members will be provided training and workshops via Independent School Qld where required.
The current Board Director will assist in a smooth transition and will continue to be available in an advisory role.
Who should apply:
* People with a passion and a genuine interest in community work
* People who like to utilise their expertise from a previous (or current) working career (including experience in team leading, business management and/or marketing) to help to shape the educational landscape for our future generations
* People who are looking for a worthwhile project to leave their footprint
Please note – Parents of enrolled students can not apply for the Board Director position.
If you are interested in becoming our new Board Director – or joining our Board Committee – please email below.