A Curated Guide to What’s On in Port Douglas, Daintree and Beyond.
Every weekend, you’ll find live music at Paddy’s, the Court House and the Central Hotel on Friday and Saturday nights and again at the Court House for a Sunday market session. The Tin Shed often holds a chilled live music session on the deck on Sunday afternoons, and the Tav at Four Mile have live music every couple of Saturday afternoons.
Cane Toad Racing is held at Chilli’s Pizza & Trattoria most nights (weather depending) from 6pm. Arriving early is highly recommended. Fabulous food and atmosphere!
- Topics in the Tropics is a regular trivia night at Hemingways down on the waterfront. Entry is free but bookings are recommended. Tickets.
- Chatty Cafe at the Tin Shed at 10am
- Legendary Musos Night at the Central from 8pm
- Parmy Night at the Yachty
- Jungle Fowl hosts Happy Hour $5 Asian beers from 4-5pm plus on Thursday, Curry Up for $20 curry & rice served with frosty $5 beers
- Yoga Jam with Michael Franti
- The ever fabulous and ever chic Hughies in Mossman is open again for their once-a-week celebrity appearance from 4pm.
- Mount Molloy National Hotel features live and loud local music, Jag the Joker, Happy Hour, local transfer bus home (book early!) or enjoy a country pub style hospitality with a room at the inn upstairs.
- The Central is also holding Jag the Joker sitting on $1300 and Bourbon Gorillas play from7:30pm
- Stu Harcourt live at the Yachty
- The Addams Family at The Clink all weekend
- Cape Kimberley Beach Clean up. Join in for the quarterly ReefClean clean-up in Cape Kimberley on the traditional lands of the Eastern Kuku Yalanji people in the beautiful Daintree. Along with other volunteers, you can make a practical contribution to the health of the marine and coastal environment of Far North Queensland. Please click on image for further details.
- Mossman markets are held in the morning under the Raintrees
- Mareeba Artisan Markets are also on today
- The Yachty Saturday’s offering is a Seafood Platter for two with a bottle of vino for $90
- D’nA are live at the Courty from 7.30pm
- Lady Valiant is live at the Tav from 3pm
- Tinderbox is live at PKs up at Cape Trib on both Friday and Saturday night- a psychedelic/electro/rock mashup collective = a funk thumping, pulsating wall of groove
- Music at the Mount is an afternoon of music and good times up at Mt Uncle Distillery from 2-8pm. Music by Peter Kinch & Kaweyova along with Duck & Felicias food truck.
There is also a beach fiesta at Ellis Beach from 2pm – 5pm with Tacos, Tequila & Tunes. Enjoy live music from Koahlition-with their infectious rhythms, captivating vocals, and high-energy performances, they’re sure to keep you on your feet all night long.
The Grill will be taking their tacos next level with a signature range of delicious loaded taco street food plates, all for just ten bucks each.
- Port Douglas markets
- Palmer Sea Reef host a popular Sunday Roast special-2 roasts and a bottle of vino for $60. Bookings essential 40 87 2222.
- Mount Molloy National Hotel Sundays are for a Traditional Pork roast with all the trimmings and Yorkshire pudding.
- The Yachty crew present Roast of the Day.
- Ecstatic Dance will be held at Port Douglas Community Centre from 11am-1pm
- Up at Cape Trib, Whet is under new management and is hosting live music and open mic on Sunday afternoons.
Weekly Sports & Fitness Schedule
Yoga on the Beach ⟼ season has re-commenced. Daily from 8-9am at Four Mile Beach.
Sailing ⟼ WAGS Wednesday afternoon sail at the Yachty
Petanque ⟼ Wednesdays in Port Douglas 4pm
Social Frisbee⟼ Wednesday Mossman further info firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aqua Zumba ⟼ Mondays 4.15-5.30pm Mossman Pool.
Zumba ⟼ Wednesdays 8.30 am and Thursdays 6pm at Buffs Hall.
Zumba Plus ⟼ Mondays, Buffs Hall 8.30am with a little body conditioning. 45 mins of dancing with added squats, pushups, abs or butt work.
Bootscootin‘ ⟼ Mossman Bowls Club Mondays 12pm
Douglas United Football Club hosting a swag of events for local kids to get into footy.